What's new

Another sick yard sale silver sale.

Joined
May 8, 2023
Messages
222
Reaction score
1,116
Golden Thread
0
By far my best yard sale find. This guy told me he had purchased 7 storage units. He had a whole lot of stuff for sale. I found these, I held them in my hand and said how much for these things? He said 2 bucks…. All sterling. The fork is stainless with a sterling handle. I didn’t weight the fork because of the stainless, I also I don’t want to break it either.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_2554.webp
    IMG_2554.webp
    964.5 KB · Views: 126
  • IMG_2556.webp
    IMG_2556.webp
    542.1 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_2555.webp
    IMG_2555.webp
    746.4 KB · Views: 64
Upvote 12
By far my best yard sale find. This guy told me he had purchased 7 storage units. He had a whole lot of stuff for sale. I found these, I held them in my hand and said how much for these things? He said 2 bucks…. All sterling. The fork is stainless with a sterling handle. I didn’t weight the fork because of the stainless, I also I don’t want to break it either.
Nicely done.
You can add around 22 grams for the fork handle.
 
I won’t be selling the spoons for melt. I guess these are valuable.

That's a good haul you made. The spoons are Wallace Silversmith's 'Rose Point' pattern, designed in 1934 by William S. Warren.

If you Google for 'Wallace sterling spoons in Rose Point Pattern' and look for eBay listings, you will see a number of sellers asking substantially more than melt value.
 
That's a good haul you made. The spoons are Wallace Silversmith's 'Rose Point' pattern, designed in 1934 by William S. Warren.

If you Google for 'Wallace sterling spoons in Rose Point Pattern' and look for eBay listings, you will see a number of sellers asking substantially more than melt value.
Yea that’s what I’m saying. I did a little of that already 👍
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom