D'Iberville MS
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac
Equinox 800
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I left the house this morning at 9:30 am and got back at 1:15 pm. I hit one small park for 75 cents then went to another place and clean up. I ended the day with a grand total of $9.36 today. I probably can hunt the 2nd place 4 or 5 more times before I even cover 1/2 of it. I am sure it won't produce $9 every time but I am excited about going back. From now on it's hunting as weather permits. Supposed to rain the next 3 to 4 days. I have found $78.60 in the past month.

I keep asking myself why I want to add another detector and i guess it's because the the challenge of learning one that is a bit more technical.

Hawk'n Dirt

Sep 6, 2013
Humble, Tx
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Ace 250
TC3X
BH Texas Pilot
Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats Normsel......I just purchased an AT Pro last week and found 5 British large pennies here in Texas....I can tell the ATP is going to keep me hooked really bad....LOL

copperpenny

Jan 28, 2013
Wesminster,Ca
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Garrett AT Pro, Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I left the house this morning at 9:30 am and got back at 1:15 pm. I hit one small park for 75 cents then went to another place and clean up. I ended the day with a grand total of $9.36 today. I probably can hunt the 2nd place 4 or 5 more times before I even cover 1/2 of it. I am sure it won't produce $9 every time but I am excited about going back. From now on it's hunting as weather permits. Supposed to rain the next 3 to 4 days. I have found $78.60 in the past month.

I keep asking myself why I want to add another detector and i guess it's because the the challenge of learning one that is a bit more technical.

What are you running everything at ???????? what a nice hall :hello2:

OP
OP
N

Normsel

Bronze Member
Sep 10, 2012
D'Iberville MS
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac
Equinox 800
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I usually run pro zero and depending on where I am at I will notch out everything between 55 and 70. Or I use pro coins and notch out the same. Most often I run the sensitivity down a cpl of bars. Not that there aren't any good finds in the vdi 60 range but I have never found anything worth keeping between 55 and 70. For the most part anything below 75 is always trash. I also always listen for tone and only look at the vdi when i hear a good signal or one that seems to bounce from clear to scratchy. Many of the clear to scratchy signals are a coin mixed with trash but sometimes a pocket drop with clad and pennies. I also experiment with different settings and manual ground balance. But most often go back to what produces. I have found 10 rings in the past year all gold have been at hits of 50 - 55 and the silver ones about 83

badpenny

Mar 28, 2013
NE PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Whatever works for you... I don't discrim out in that range because I have found keepers in that range so if it sounds good I dig.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread