What's new

Another swimming Hole and a Four Ring Day!

oldmxrat

Gold Member
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
Oct 25, 2020
Messages
10,921
Reaction score
47,657
Golden Thread
1
Location
Reno Nevada summers, Las Vegas winters
🥇 Banner finds
2
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tried another swimming hole that looked promising. The pull tabs were off the hook! I was digging them from 10-12 inches deep under the rocky bottom of 1" to 3" rounded river stones. I was really hopeful for a gold, but it didn't happen. :dontknow:
Anyway, a three ring day with two of them silvers (the third is titanium) is a success and a great way to spend the day!

IMG_2251.webp
IMG_2252.webp
IMG_2253.webp


A few chilly days coming up, but back in the mid 70's next week so I'll get back at it then.
 
Upvote 28
Well, I'm shocked nobody noticed that there's no 4th ring in the pics!
The explanation is that it was just stainless steel and a pretty girl asked for it, so...
I noticed but just thought is was early senility. JK LOL :happy3:
 
Tried another swimming hole that looked promising. The pull tabs were off the hook! I was digging them from 10-12 inches deep under the rocky bottom of 1" to 3" rounded river stones. I was really hopeful for a gold, but it didn't happen. :dontknow:
Anyway, a three ring day with two of them silvers (the third is titanium) is a success and a great way to spend the day!

View attachment 2265295View attachment 2265296View attachment 2265297

A few chilly days coming up, but back in the mid 70's next week so I'll get back at it then.
Love the pull tabs! :) I recall my older brother making a long chain out of those...
 
Nice finds. I like the idea of making a long chain out of the pull tabs.
Back in the '70's I made a full curtain out of them.
 
Well, I'm shocked nobody noticed that there's no 4th ring in the pics!
The explanation is that it was just stainless steel and a pretty girl asked for it, so...
Just how old was this pretty girl? She might be a keeper if stainless will satisfy her! :laughing7:
 
Tried another swimming hole that looked promising. The pull tabs were off the hook! I was digging them from 10-12 inches deep under the rocky bottom of 1" to 3" rounded river stones. I was really hopeful for a gold, but it didn't happen. :dontknow:
Anyway, a three ring day with two of them silvers (the third is titanium) is a success and a great way to spend the day!

View attachment 2265295View attachment 2265296View attachment 2265297

A few chilly days coming up, but back in the mid 70's next week so I'll get back at it then.
Very Nice!!! Congrats!!!
 
Just how old was this pretty girl? She might be a keeper if stainless will satisfy her! :laughing7:
Yeah buddy, and if she's over 18, could be a good sign that she's a cheap date, err, I mean a woman who appreciates a man of more modest means, lol. :laughing7:
 
Wow! Nice rings. Perseverance pays off. Very inspiring, as I had tuff detecting day. One hole will turn it around. 👍
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom