What's new

Another token and a relic or two

pepperj

Diamond Member
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2009
Messages
52,351
Reaction score
207,651
Golden Thread
1
Location
Eastern Ontario Canada
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
It was get up early and get out before the humid weather hit, and did it ever 86F feeling like 104F and for around here it might as well be -40 because it's not nice to be outdoors. So a few hours of digging in the nails, lost my magnet :icon_scratch: 10'x10' area must of left it in a hole. Anyways I did manage a 1844 Half Penny Token that is taking a bath right now and a few other items. The double bent flat stock I was thinking might be a kettle/pot hanger over the fire? Couple of spoon parts, another fork piece, and a Twoonie! There's just too many different sized square nails in this world.:laughing7:
IMG_20150719_100219630.webpIMG_20150719_100311896.webpIMG_20150719_123007622.webpIMG_20150719_122704573.webpIMG_20150719_122712172.webp
 

Attachments

  • IMG_20150719_122759180.webp
    IMG_20150719_122759180.webp
    384.4 KB · Views: 116
Upvote 24
That half penny is in great shape. I would be very happy to find an old coin with such detail. I have an old mining camp close to me with the cellar holes being full of cut nails, broken pottery and melted glass. I have never found anything interesting there.

I have hunted this one little patch of iron about 10 times of more, now I'm only saying 50x50ft and it's almost a continued null or in all metal it's just layered with nails. Just digging a different sounding high tones that come through the nails a real hit miss as most times it's just nails.
 
Love that token. The old bank building on it is really cool.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom