Bronze Member
Apr 3, 2004
Southern Appalachia
Detector(s) used
Whites CM2 BFO, Harbor Freight 9 function, BH Pioneer 202, Fisher F22
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0
Anytime you get that much junk out of the way it's a good hunt! Once you're sure you've cleared the area of junk and goodies, go full power, all metal mode and see what's hiding in the deep! I've been working a few areas that are nickel and tab heavy, seems there was too much discriminating by other MD'ers that preceded me. Once cleared of htese things, I can still find older, deeper stuff which was masked by the junk they would not dig.

I like those worked out areas!

Yeah, this is the way I have learned to dig - clean it out - pulltabs, copper wire, steel nails, scrap iron, etc. There is a whole new world of old coins hiding under all that trash, and many times it's not that deep either! So the next time I hunt around the edge of this pool it will require less effort, as I won't have to remove 10 years accumulation of junk, and it might produce a ring or two. In the old parks no one but newbies hunt in because everybody knows it's a waste of time - because they are cleaned out - I slowley clean out sections of all the trash & and then get the hidden goodies that have been masked all these years.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back