What's new

Another unusual roll hunting experience...

N.J.THer

Silver Member
Joined
Nov 16, 2006
Messages
3,283
Reaction score
240
Golden Thread
1
Location
Middlesex County, New Jersey
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX w/ Sunray DX-1 probe and Minelab Excalibur 1000, Whites TRX Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Last weekend I found a roll of dimes while metal detecting about an inch down and it contained one 1963 silver dime.

Well on Wednesday night I was at the horse track entertaining clients and I was cashing in a winner when the teller opens a new roll of dimes an a 1941 mercury dime rolls out. I told the teller I would take that as part of my pay out and any other ones he had like it. It was the only one and the teller was glad to get rid of it because he hates having 'foriegn' coins in his till.

I guess I really should start roll hunting on a normal basis. By the way last night on the last race of the night I won $39.95 on a dime bet but it was not the mercury dime just a regular clad roosevelt.

HH

NJ
 
Upvote 0
You're already off to a good start! Those mercs can be tough. Now first thing tomorrow go buy some rolls from your bank!! :) And welcome to the hunt.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom