Another Way To See & Learn (Without Nearly Killing Your Self)

StoneWhisper

Apr 16, 2010
Annapolis Junction, Maryland
Primary Interest:
Other
Over the weekend we went to Liberty Reservoir where there is an old abandon copper mine. Thou the mine has been dead for many years.. slag or mounds of what they had found from days past offers those who have time and want to explore a great opertunity to seek out all kinds of stones.

Thou this was the second tiem I've been there, I'm always trying to search differant areas and this time it nearly killed me.. From the bridge one can see the mound of slap and left overs which run off and down into the lake.. I wanted to get closer to this spot but didn't realize untill it was to late that the hill whcih I was heading down is not part of the path and I stepped on leaves without great shoes..

Down the hill I went, and It didn't look like I was going to stop.. Heading right for the pit and slag mound and may into the water.. I grabbed a few saplings on my way down.. Luck me I grabbed one that slowed my slide and help me regain my footing.. Ripping my jeans in the progress. So if you plan on heading to the reservoir as I did.. take my advice and stick to the path..

http://www.facebook.com/v/389903074423914

Heres what I'm getting at, I check the "Rock & Gem" magazine's show dates page: ( Show Dates Listing | Rock & Gem Magazine ) For upcoming gem shows in or around our area.. These type of shows (in your area) can offer new explores an opertunity to learn about what is and what isn't worth collecting.. Thou I've been known to collect a few things just because of their apperance. Normally these shows are club based and may charge a small few.. and if your timing is good.. you might catch lapidary classes.

So, we are thinking of attending the Nov 17th Lebanon PA show and if any one wants to meet up with us there.. post a reply below. or psot a show your going to be at if it's within the NC,PA,VA,WV,Del,MD areas.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread