What's new

Another what is it ?

CMDiamonddawg

Silver Member
Joined
Oct 14, 2009
Messages
4,508
Reaction score
975
Golden Thread
0
Location
Jersey Cape
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1265X & CZ-7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello... :help: :icon_scratch: :dontknow: Sure need help with id' ??? Two foot in length ,5 inches width , weight ..appx 30 lbs. I can hardly make out what is embossed on the side ..looks like the word .. Alcon . I found this in a field near a river . Any help is appreciated. Thanks , CMD Mike
 

Attachments

  • aaa.webp
    aaa.webp
    48.6 KB · Views: 375
  • aaa.webp
    aaa.webp
    48.6 KB · Views: 385
  • 100_1278.webp
    100_1278.webp
    44.2 KB · Views: 372
  • 100_1279.webp
    100_1279.webp
    39.9 KB · Views: 364
  • 100_1280.webp
    100_1280.webp
    46.7 KB · Views: 355
  • 100_1281.webp
    100_1281.webp
    44.4 KB · Views: 362
  • aaa.webp
    aaa.webp
    48.6 KB · Views: 362
A total shot in the dark here Mike, :D But my guess would be part of a old railway for lifting boats.Your part looks like a chalk maybe to hold in place after it was up.Was there more big pieces around with it?Just a Guess as I've seen many around here and thats what it reminds me of.Wish I could help better but maybe it will get the ball rolling on it. :thumbsup:
 
Upvote 0
Fist though ( WAG) is part of a old wood plane. But I have never seen one like that.
 
Upvote 0
The more I've looked at it the more I believe it is a chalk.It would be put on the track behind the wheels so you could let off on the winch some and it would help support or stop it from rolling back overboard. :thumbsup: Not 100% sure but that's my best guess as of now.
Take Care,
& Happy Hunting,
Pete :hello:
 
Upvote 0
It does indeed look like a RR stop or bumper. These would have been bolted onto a rail behind a car or cars on a siding.
 
Upvote 0
Thanks for getting back with an id info ,timekiller ,Boomer ,lostcauses. :icon_thumleft: I think you have the right purpose of this . It looks like it could straddle a track and chock a train wheel. Heavy duty and has a curved shape for support .There were no other pieces found with this ??? and there is a railway less than a quarter mile away from where I found it. Thank You for your replies .You may have nailed it . :thumbsup: Mike
 
Upvote 0
It resembles some of the old "end of rail" stops used for side tracks that held overflow cars in the rail yard.
 
Upvote 0
Is it possible it reads Aldon ? Aldon makes railroad equipment like wheel chocks and has for over 100 years.
 
Upvote 0
I am going with railroad wheel skate.
here is a similar one....

RailSkate3932.webp
 
Upvote 0
Good ID. I've seen them used on boat launchway rails, also. When you uncouple a car at a siding those are used to keep it from wandering off.
 
Upvote 0
GoodyGuy said:
I am going whith railroad wheel skate.
here is a similar one....
I like it ,you guy's nailed it :thumbsup: :thumbsup: wheel skate ..PS the wife wants to know if it is worth any $ :o Never fails ..whenever I find something ..she say's sell it ::)
 
Upvote 0
CMDiamonddawg said:
GoodyGuy said:
I am going whith railroad wheel skate.
here is a similar one....
I like it ,you guy's nailed it :thumbsup: :thumbsup: wheel skate ..PS the wife wants to know if it is worth $$ :laughing7: :o
Sure thing Buddy,I'm most of the time hit with a case of the brain farts! :laughing9: But this one came along at the right time :laughing9: $$ wise :dontknow: maybe some of your other great finds would be better for that $$. :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumright:
Pete :hello:
 
Upvote 0
timekiller said:
CMDiamonddawg said:
GoodyGuy said:
I am going whith railroad wheel skate.
here is a similar one....
I like it ,you guy's nailed it :thumbsup: :thumbsup: wheel skate ..PS the wife wants to know if it is worth $$ :laughing7: :o
Sure thing Buddy,I'm most of the time hit with a case of the brain farts! :laughing9: But this one came along at the right time :laughing9: $$ wise :dontknow: maybe some of your other great finds would be better for that $$. :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumright:
Pete :hello:
You were on the right trail ,TK. I pay everyday :laughing7:..nah she is a keeper ! Mrs. even hunts when the weather is perfect. Thanks, Pete keeping it for a doorstop.. :icon_thumleft:
 
Upvote 0
CMDiamonddawg said:
timekiller said:
CMDiamonddawg said:
GoodyGuy said:
I am going whith railroad wheel skate.
here is a similar one....
I like it ,you guy's nailed it :thumbsup: :thumbsup: wheel skate ..PS the wife wants to know if it is worth $$ :laughing7: :o
Sure thing Buddy,I'm most of the time hit with a case of the brain farts! :laughing9: But this one came along at the right time :laughing9: $$ wise :dontknow: maybe some of your other great finds would be better for that $$. :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumright:
Pete :hello:
You were on the right trail ,TK. I pay everyday :laughing7:..nah she is a keeper ! Mrs. even hunts when the weather is perfect. Thanks, Pete keeping it for a doorstop.. :icon_thumleft:
Yea man, I was blessed to have a wife now of 19 yrs who likes this stuff also.But only when it's warm. ;D :laughing9: :laughing7: :wink:
You all take Care I'll be waiting to see some more of your post!
 
Upvote 0
This was a combined effort ID. Timekiller, Goodyguy, and taz42o. :icon_thumright: Aldon Wheel Chock.


http://www.aldonco.com/about_aldon.asp

Since those early days, Aldon has grown to be the best-known name in North America for wheel chocks, wheel blocks, and trailer jacks.
 
Upvote 0
bigcypresshunter said:
This was a combined effort ID. Timekiller, Goodyguy, and taz42o. :icon_thumright: Aldon Wheel Chock.


http://www.aldonco.com/about_aldon.asp

Since those early days, Aldon has grown to be the best-known name in North America for wheel chocks, wheel blocks, and trailer jacks.
Right on Big C, hope I didn't make it sound other wise. :dontknow: Just he talked about it being by a river was why I said what I did! :thumbsup:
Take Care,
Pete!
 
Upvote 0
bigcypresshunter said:
This was a combined effort ID. Timekiller, Goodyguy, and taz42o. :icon_thumright: Aldon Wheel Chock.


http://www.aldonco.com/about_aldon.asp

Since those early days, Aldon has grown to be the best-known name in North America for wheel chocks, wheel blocks, and trailer jacks.
Yes ,I had that post and it must of got lost with the re read replie message .. I am sorry ,my oversite ..Thanks ,Pete,Goody, taz and all. Thanks for bringing to my attention bigcypresshunter I hope everything is ok Thanks again guy's, CMD
 
Upvote 0
timekiller said:
bigcypresshunter said:
This was a combined effort ID. Timekiller, Goodyguy, and taz42o. :icon_thumright: Aldon Wheel Chock.


http://www.aldonco.com/about_aldon.asp

Since those early days, Aldon has grown to be the best-known name in North America for wheel chocks, wheel blocks, and trailer jacks.
Right on Big C, hope I didn't make it sound other wise. :dontknow: Just he talked about it being by a river was why I said what I did! :thumbsup:
Take Care,
Pete!
You made the ID. :icon_thumright: It was a combined effort to find a matching pic and I think taz nailed the company name. Aldon has been in business since 1904.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom