What's new

Another Wild Buffalo and an exceptional Jefferson

Bank Runner

Hero Member
Joined
Jan 10, 2009
Messages
666
Reaction score
7
Golden Thread
0
I have really been kicking butt on the nickels of late. Some of you saw my V nickel find last week. This weekend I found this 1936 S Buff. It is not a low mintage coin, but finding a S mintmarked coin does make the find even sweeter. Also pictured is a MS 1940 Jefferson. He is much better condition than the usual 1940 nickels I find. I almost missed him. Thanks for looking.

HH,
Karl
 

Attachments

  • Coin Finds 04-13-09 003.webp
    Coin Finds 04-13-09 003.webp
    12.9 KB · Views: 309
  • Coin Finds 04-13-09 005.webp
    Coin Finds 04-13-09 005.webp
    20.9 KB · Views: 306
  • Coin Finds 04-13-09 007.webp
    Coin Finds 04-13-09 007.webp
    22.9 KB · Views: 319
Upvote 0
Sweet find. That 40 is in such great shape that I would have mistaken it for a new one
and tossed it back. good eye.
 
Sweet Buffalo! I have only found one with a date out of the 30-40 I've found in my CRH career. That's a nice '40 too! I have been finding more and more BU nickels lately. I wonder if people are cashing in their collections to make ends meet.

-Codes
 
nice finds! that 40 nickel is in great shape :thumbsup: :thumbsup: keep it up
 
I am going to have to start calling you the buffalo hunter. Seriously you are starting to make it look easy to find those things. And the 1940 is in incredible shape. I found a 1939 nickel once just like that. It must have been in somebodies collection.

Golden Silver
 
Nice finds. It's interesting that I found a Buffalo two weeks ago and last week I got two 1940 nickels in the same condition that yours is. You aren't in Western NY are you? I'm wondering if an uncirculated roll of 1940 nickels was turned in recently (along with some Buffalos).

Scott
 
Codes said:
Sweet Buffalo! I have only found one with a date out of the 30-40 I've found in my CRH career. That's a nice '40 too! I have been finding more and more BU nickels lately. I wonder if people are cashing in their collections to make ends meet.

-Codes

Luckily out of the 6 Buffs so far this year, 4 have had dates.

srcdco said:
Nice finds. It's interesting that I found a Buffalo two weeks ago and last week I got two 1940 nickels in the same condition that yours is. You aren't in Western NY are you? I'm wondering if an uncirculated roll of 1940 nickels was turned in recently (along with some Buffalos).

Scott

Scott, I am no where near you, so it is not a regional thing. I agree with GS, we are still receiving the rewards of a slow economy.

HH,
Karl
 
Nice work, I see I'm not the only one hot on the nickel trail.. Keep it up!
 
never got into nickel hunting but its looking more and more tempting with each Buff you pull :) Keep it up!! :icon_sunny:
 
Another great set of finds bud!!!!!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom