What's new

Antique car / truck / tractor, radiator shell.

How Lucky

Full Member
Joined
Jul 14, 2015
Messages
244
Reaction score
907
Golden Thread
0
Location
Maine
Detector(s) used
Garrett Scorpion Gold Stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Would like to know the make, model year, and what it went to. Pulled it out of the leaf litter while metal detecting.
Thanks!
 

Attachments

  • radiator shell 1.webp
    radiator shell 1.webp
    1.8 MB · Views: 122
  • radiator shell 2.webp
    radiator shell 2.webp
    1.5 MB · Views: 81
  • radiator shell 3.webp
    radiator shell 3.webp
    1.8 MB · Views: 84
  • radiator shell 4.webp
    radiator shell 4.webp
    2.8 MB · Views: 77
  • radiator shell 7.webp
    radiator shell 7.webp
    2.1 MB · Views: 91
It would be a little difficult to identify it without a company name stamped on it. It belongs to a pre 1927 car due to the crank hole cover viewed in the last photo.
 
Upvote 0
Cool find! I would say 1930's but not ford. The crank hole being plugged means it had electric start? It is in good condition, I would straighten it up and hang it on a wall.
 
Upvote 0
The 1930 Model A crank hole embossing connects to the bottom beaded edge making your find a 1931 and not a 1930.ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1586360987.081630.webp
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thank You, that seems to be it.
 
Upvote 0
No way! Stainless that early? I was thinking perhaps there was a decent amount of nickle in the plating?
 
Upvote 0
I think that Ford came out with the stainless radiator shells in late 1930 and I think the 28-29 shells were nickel over brass.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom