Carl-NC

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Washington
Detector(s) used
Custom Designs and Prototypes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In my collection of dowsing & LRL devices, my favorite is the one shown below. I know little about it, other than what I found in "Doodlebug Edition of Treasure Trails" by Sanschi (1938). Sanschi describes a device called the "Electric Flashlight Treas-o-meter" (also shown below) but his version is a bobber-style device. He states the cost was $40 (pre-1938) and I got this one on eBay for $53. If anyone has additional info on this thing let me know.

Attachments

• ElectricRod.jpg
    ElectricRod.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 7,418
  • Sanschi.jpg
    Sanschi.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 6,632

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Extended Sensory Perception, L-rod, Y-rod, pendulum, angle rods, wand.
White's MXT, Garrett Ultra GTA 500, AT Gold, SCUBA Detector Pro Headhunter, Tesoro Sidewinder, Stingray, 2 box-TF900, Fisher TW-6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You may be able to do an old patent search. The numbers in that drawing might be there to reference a description of what it's function is on the device per. the inventor.
A couple of other books authored by Roy Julius Santschi which may contain information on the above pictured device are:

Doodlebugs and mysteries of treasure hunting (1941)

Modern divining rods: The construction and operation of electrical treasure finders, including geophysical prospecting methods (1939)

Jon

OP
OP
Carl-NC

Carl-NC

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Washington
Detector(s) used
Custom Designs and Prototypes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Most of my books are still in storage, but I did recently get a super-rare copy of Modern Divining Rods Book 1, and there is a passing mention of an Electric Flashlight bobber that was patented in 1910. USPTO online search does not do keywords back that far, so I will have to go to a USPTO depository and manually search for it.

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Extended Sensory Perception, L-rod, Y-rod, pendulum, angle rods, wand.
White's MXT, Garrett Ultra GTA 500, AT Gold, SCUBA Detector Pro Headhunter, Tesoro Sidewinder, Stingray, 2 box-TF900, Fisher TW-6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Checking patents applied for/issued in Europe/world may help also.
Jon

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread