What's new

🔎 UNIDENTIFIED Antique gas valve?

Casey13

Sr. Member
Joined
Sep 17, 2021
Messages
384
Reaction score
955
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi everyone!
I found this piece after work this afternoon. After looking at for a while, it looks like a valve I think.. Is it gas or water if it is?
Thanks so much!!
 

Attachments

  • 20220211_201045.webp
    20220211_201045.webp
    223.4 KB · Views: 138
  • 20220211_201033.webp
    20220211_201033.webp
    308.9 KB · Views: 77
  • 20220211_201020.webp
    20220211_201020.webp
    224.1 KB · Views: 84
  • 20220211_201115.webp
    20220211_201115.webp
    246.7 KB · Views: 75
  • 20220211_201055.webp
    20220211_201055.webp
    230.9 KB · Views: 81
Great job Crashbandicoot and Underminer :)
 
Upvote 2
Yep, that's a Victorian-age valve for a gas lamp. View attachment 2009531
I agree, I used to live in an old farm house that had a acetylene gas generator in the cellar, some of the fittings throughout the house were very similar to what you found. In my opinion, I would mark it solved as a valve or a gas lamp.
 
Upvote 3
Thank you so much Crashbandicoot and Underminer!! You guys are the best and everyone on this site for identifying finds.
 
Upvote 2

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom