What's new

Antique Toy 'Pop Gun' ID Help??

zeeborg101

Tenderfoot
Joined
May 18, 2016
Messages
3
Reaction score
9
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I picked up this 'treasure' at a very old estate auction recently.
This is a quite old 'pop' gun. It's a combination of formed metal and cast iron with a wood stock.
It's only 18" long.
It's a break-open, single barrel and has patent dates of June 20, 1908 and Sept. 23, 1910. No manufacturer info.
I've been searching online for the last week, and cannot find another to identify it.
Does anyone here recognize who made this?
Your help is greatly appreciated!

Zee

pop1.webppop2.webp
 
THANKS!

You rock! I tried searching patents, and it just gave me a headache!
This adds a piece to this puzzle. Oddly, from doing some searching, Benjamin, it appears he never made these toys. He must have sold the patent rights or something.
But the image in the diagram is definitely this design.

Thank you again for the help!

Zee

[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I believe that this is an old Benjamin pop gun. Here is he patent information for it:

Patent Info

https://patents.google.com/patent/US970876


[/FONT]
 
Upvote 0
Remember these are Just Drawings for Newspaper Ads , So in these cases Images are not Necessarily what ya Got. :coffee2:


Evening star. [volume]
(Washington, D.C.), 07 Dec. 1913.
000bbb.webp
https://chroniclingamerica.loc.gov/...ext=&andtext=&dateFilterType=yearRange&page=1

=====O=====

Not sure on this one Because of the Date, Though The ad above says Newly Perfected, So
He could have been Making them 50 Years Earlier.




odd "Complaint ?" clipping Listed under LOCOFOCO LOGIC

Bedford inquirer and chronicle. [volume] (Bedford, Pa.), 09 Oct. 1857.
000aaa.webp

https://chroniclingamerica.loc.gov/...ext=&andtext=&dateFilterType=yearRange&page=1

=====O=====

a few Months ago I Found the small Ad from the Town I Live in,
From Back when we Had a Post office Here



May Be coincidence, Or May have been a "Benjamin" :dontknow:
Both mention "1000 Shots".


12 May 1909.


1909rhody.webp

https://chroniclingamerica.loc.gov/...+Pa.&andtext=&dateFilterType=yearRange&page=1
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom