What's new

Antiquities laws in Washington

Colorado

Greenie
Joined
Feb 2, 2004
Messages
18
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Hello,
I can't seem to find much about Washington State antiquities laws. Does anyone out there no where I could find this information about treasure on private land?
Thank you for any suggestions.
 
Best thing I can tell you is to keep quiet about anything you find in Washington.

Paul
 
Christine
I agree don't let her know or she will raise the gas tax again to charge us more for less
we already have the highest gas tax in the nation
 
Google antiquities law Washington state and you'll find out something about the laws. I don't know if what your looking for is there but it is helpfull.
 
I'm like sargent shultz on hogans heros I know nothing
 
From what I've read, the "Archies" lay claim to anything in Washington State more than 30 years old.

~Sim
 
washington state if the item is over 30 years old or has treasure trove type value --say its theirs not yours even on private land -- so if you want to lose it --tell them about it .

its really this simple ---shoot your mouth off --lose your find --

of course you all must all report your finds as "good law abiding citizens" thus clearly you wanting to enrich your state coffers rather than keep the goods found on your own lands, that you pay taxes to the state to keep control of said land. (basically the states sees your tax payments as a form of rent -to live upon the land you bought--the state of washington sees all the land and anything in it as "theirs".
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom