Anton Reich Dresden - not a chocolate mold?

shaschet

Jul 26, 2020
Pittsburgh PA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi guys, something I acquired a few years back but have never been able to identify.

Anton Reich Dresden - but it's heavy and thick - magnetic, steel or iron perhaps? my understanding is that chocolate molds had to be thin inorder to cool - this is thick and heavy.

tres 4.jpg tres 3.jpg tres 2.jpg

Molewacker

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2015
Yacolt WA
Detector(s) used
EQ 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, this company used nickle plated steel for molds -I read several collectors sites that mention the weight of these pieces.

Nice find!

Upvote 0

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi guys, something I acquired a few years back...
tn_md.gif
1st - I noticed this was your very first post - so, Welcome Aboard shaschet! You didn't list your state (or country) in your profile. So, you might consider jumping over to Sub-Forum: Select Your Area.... for information (i.e., clubs, hunts, finds, legends, maps, etc.) directly related to your state (or country).
tn_outstanding.gif
2nd - Super find!

Upvote 0

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Years ago a friend gave me a number of small brass cookie moulds that were attached to a round wheel.
They were thick and heavy, as they had pressure applied to them by a factory machine as the dough rolled by stamping out the cookies.

"An old mill complex in Dresden now operates as the Museum Hofmühle, a part of which is this chocolate mould museum that celebrates the work of Anton Reiche. 1500 of his moulds make up the collection of this permanent exhibition. Reiche's nearby factory, founded in 1870, shipped these moulds around the world."

This is an interesting website that discusses the history of chocolate moulds and making chocolate…
Chocolate molds ? Chocolatemoldsmuseum

Here are some pics of chocolate Reiche molds taken at the Anton Reiche Chocolate Mould Museum. :thumbsup:

Attachments

• Anton Reiche Chocolate Mould Museum(1)-crop.jpg
    Anton Reiche Chocolate Mould Museum(1)-crop.jpg
    254.4 KB · Views: 66
  • Anton Reiche Chocolate Mould Museum The Bishop-crop.jpg
    Anton Reiche Chocolate Mould Museum The Bishop-crop.jpg
    487.3 KB · Views: 40
Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread