What's new

Any Diggers in San Antonio that can help keep my sanity?

snaps

Sr. Member
Joined
May 6, 2009
Messages
460
Reaction score
564
Golden Thread
0
Location
West Virginia
Detector(s) used
Goldmaxx, Compass GSP, Garrett Infinium
Hello all, Gonna be working there for a bit, and would like to do some hunting. Any locals out there that can drop an idea or steer me in a direction? I'm into just about anything in the ground course the older the better! Thanks, Snaps
 
You might have more luck taking I-35 north to the little town of Fredericksburg. It's an old German town and famous for its peaches. I hear it's grown a bit since I was last there (20+ years ago), but it's nothing compared with SATX.

There's probably LOTS to find around the Alamo and the River Walk, but somehow I don't think you would be very welcomed in those places.
 
KCM much obliged, I will look into Fredericksburg, an go down to the Alamo and just drool for a while. Cheers!
 
KCM much obliged, I will look into Fredericksburg, an go down to the Alamo and just drool for a while. Cheers!


It seems like another life since I visited the Alamo, but do remember some of the awesome displays.
 
i would love to detect around the Alamo three of my ancestors fought in the battle it was two sons and there father
 
Pepperj, can't wait to check it out,Gold boy, not many can say there related to someone who was there, that's awesome!
 
my dad also told me i'm related to the 12th president and Jefferson Davis by his daughter marring him i may have to get into my family history
 
Gold boy I think detecting around your relatives houses might be as interesting as the Alamo!
 
i know right but probably his house his a historical land mark
 
Brackenridge Park is the oldest big park in San Antonio. Pretty sure it's over 100 years old. But sometimes smaller parks in big cities are better, and old small towns can be great. How long you think you'll be there? I might be able to do some research, but probably not today. Best wishes.
 
Fredericksburg had 754 people in 1850, 1,164 in 1870, and 1,532 in 1890. San Antonio 3,396 in 1850, 12,256 in 1870 37,673 in 1890, and 96,614 in 1910.

Boerne had 346 in 1880, 1,052 in 1900. New Braunfels had 1,298 in 1850, 2,261 in 1870, and 3,165 in 1910. Seguin had 856 in 1860, 1,716 in 1890, and 3,116 in 1910. Towns within an hour of San Antonio. Best wishes.
 
George, Thanks for the tips! Probably be out there around 3 months give or take. If no one runs me off I will try those parks, an explore the smaller towns. Don, I could use that actually, can't gain weight to save my life! Thanks an Happy Hunting, Snaps
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom