What's new

Any experiance with one of these

goldhungry

Full Member
Joined
Jan 2, 2009
Messages
228
Reaction score
139
Golden Thread
0
Location
Kimball. Mi
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Tesoro Tiger Shark. Tesoro Outlaw
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Picked up a Search Scan 650 at a garage sale for 10 bucks. Wondering if any one here has had any experiance with one of these before. I know they quit making them but what the heck for 10 bucks I had to give it a try.
 
Hey I had a search scan 450 that I bought new in 1992. It cost my whole tax refund and was 429.00 new. The 650 was the pulse if remember right. Deep machine and they were out of Fairhope Al. which was 20 miles from where I used to live. They went under because the owner got introuble with the feds for dredging civil war relics out of a river on federal land. That was the Battle of Blakeley 1865. The 650 and 450 are under water machines.
 
Hey let me know how you make out I also picked one up. I am not sure it's working correctly? Its a pulse. It does find targets but doesn't reset till it finds another. steve
 
Okay so I got out this evening and gave it run. Went to the local twp park and swimming hole which gets detected quite heavily. Seems to work okay, was in water up to my chest. Getting beeps at the end of each stroke, and double beeps when it gets over a target. Have to detect quite slowly though as it doesn't seem to react very quickly to the targets. Found a couple of pieces of clad, a tie wrap that was all of 8-10" deep, and a few bottle caps. After about an hour the battery died, probably shouda put new ones in it when I bought it. Hopefully the weather will hold up and I get another chance with it.
 
Hard to go wrong for 10 bucks.

OT
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom