Any guesses?

jondar

Mar 20, 2006
I found this last weekend at an old small university site, long gone. President Dwight Eisenhower's parents attended this school, and is where they met. Local history has it that he was very mean to her and it got to the point where the other boys took him aside and told him to straighten up and change his tactics toward her or they would deal with him. It is made of soft aluminum found about two and a half inches down and is about two inches in diameter, it is two piece, the lid comes off but is jammed and I haven't tried to remove it. On the lid it reads, "3 Merry Widows." Below that it reads, Price 1 Dollar. There is some other stampings in the lid " tested. . . . ? The rest is covered up by the edge of the lid where it has been jammed down. It is in very poor shape and appears old. I just got the message that my picture was too big and I will try to modify it so I can show you what it looks like.

Upvote 0

trk5capt

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2005
Charleston S.C.
PBK is Right, It Was Issued In The GI Pro Kits When They Went To Town During WW2. This Is Not The 1st Time That We Have Covered This Item On This Forum. Guess It Was Time For An Update. trk5capt...

Attachments

• JOHNS DETECTING PICS 140.gif
    JOHNS DETECTING PICS 140.gif
    2.5 KB · Views: 267
  • JOHNS DETECTING PICS 140.gif
    JOHNS DETECTING PICS 140.gif
    2.5 KB · Views: 235

Dave N Japan

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2006
Japan
Detector(s) used
CZ-3D, CZ-20,CZ-21, F-75 LTD, AT Pro, F-44
Fisher Impulse 8 and 10,
GTA 750 CTX (new)
ADS Master Hunter 7 (Retired)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Size.3..??? HAHA Do I hear a size 5 anyone??? ;)

MDnoob

Apr 23, 2003
Maybe it belonged to Eisenhower Sr.??

I found one of those once myself, I shook it and upon hearing nothing metalic sounding inside, I decided to pass on opening it...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread