Any help identifying these

Rob-n-Texas

Jan 3, 2009
Round Rock TX
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
I found a whole mason jar full of marbles at a garage sale and bought them pretty cheap. Heres a few that looked cool. Could someone help me identify the type, age and worth of these marbles. Thanks alot guys!
001-14.jpg

002-13.jpg

003-10.jpg

004-11.jpg

Marbleguy

Nov 2, 2008
There may be several antique marbles there..

But some if not most of the marbles shown were made recently. Especially the white one with colored speckles. A good education is to buy a couple bags of marbles from a supermarket toys display or toy store. The bags have a good mixture of modern-day marbles. There's a big,observable difference between mass-produced modern marbles and marbles made during the 1930s or earlier.

OP
OP
R

Rob-n-Texas

Jan 3, 2009
Round Rock TX
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
appreciate the reply. The Red marble seems handmade. Its not perfectly round and has some of the red color missing on one side. I guess 2 bucks isnt a big deal.

duffytrash

Bronze Member
Jun 10, 2006
ohio river
that green and blue one in the top of the picture looks to be a ravenswood swirl...you paid for the jar with that one...theres some other american marbles in that top frame but common....i cant tell about that red one you mentioned....good buy for $2.....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread