What's new

Any idea what this is?

mainer

Silver Member
Joined
May 3, 2005
Messages
3,405
Reaction score
38
Golden Thread
0
Location
Maine
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Fisher F75 SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Was wondering if anyone knew what this is? It says sawyers crack proof on it. About the size of a quarter. Any helps appreciated.
 

Attachments

  • what.webp
    what.webp
    23.6 KB · Views: 469
I think there is something missing here. :-\ Just can't put my finger on it. :icon_scratch: :D
 
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
And I thought you guys were good. ::) :tongue3:
 
Upvote 0
Thanks for the pic mainer. :thumbsup:

It's a Sawyers Crack Proof Thingy. :wink: Green check please. ;D

Honestly, I don't know. :-\

A closure or clasp for something. :icon_scratch:
 
Upvote 0
RPG said:
Thanks for the pic mainer. :thumbsup:

It's a Sawyers Crack Proof Thingy. :wink: Green check please. ;D

Honestly, I don't know. :-\

A closure or clasp for something. :icon_scratch:

You nailed it! Just missing one little detail. Would you settle for a blue check? :wink: :icon_thumright:
 
Upvote 0
Half of a lock hinge for a padlock?
 

Attachments

  • imagesCAZCR7ZY.webp
    imagesCAZCR7ZY.webp
    4.3 KB · Views: 473
Upvote 0
Broken knee said:
sock or garter suspender part. :dontknow:
Broken Knee

I'm thinking the same, just can't find a pic.
 
Upvote 0
I'm thinking it fastins onto a leather strap for a lock on a jewelry box or a cash box.
 
Upvote 0
My first thought was trunk hardware...

Scott
 
Upvote 0
Boot buckle? Lot of articles about Indian Rubber Company boots and products marketed as "crack proof", but can't find any references to Sawyer... :dontknow:
-whynot
 
Upvote 0
Did'nt they used those on leather bags used to carry bank stuff?
Are those rivets?
Newt
 
Upvote 0
I believe this is part of a clasp from a piece of hard sided luggage.
Several luggage mfgs used "crack-proof" as a term to promote the security of their suitcases.
Brad
 
Upvote 0
It says Sawyer's on it plain as day. :thumbsup: I am thinking luggage or somthing to do with that. It has a bit of what I call leather on the back of it. Thanks for the help everyone.
 
Upvote 0
I found one too, and based on the site where I found it, I speculate that it is a harness or bridle part, since the majority of the things that I find, that are not directly 'house-related' are equestrian equipment (ie- horseshoes, harness-rings, Connelly Bros. bridle buttons, spur parts, plow, wagon and buggie parts, etc.) The leather you said was on your rivets (it's not on mine) would support that theory, too. Ironically my 'Crack Proof' doohickey cracked when I tried to straighten it some!M Hill 05-25-20j Sawyer's Crackproof2.webp
 
Upvote 0
And I thought you guys were good. ::) :tongue3:

lol.

I sense a challenge has been born.

Too bad I am too tired this morning... I will leave it for now... :P

:)
 
Upvote 0
I found one too, and based on the site where I found it, I speculate that it is a harness or bridle part, since the majority of the things that I find, that are not directly 'house-related' are equestrian equipment (ie- horseshoes, harness-rings, Connelly Bros. bridle buttons, spur parts, plow, wagon and buggie parts, etc.) The leather you said was on your rivets (it's not on mine) would support that theory, too. Ironically my 'Crack Proof' doohickey cracked when I tried to straighten it some!View attachment 1882731

"crack proof"... lol... and yours appears to be cracked.

They lied !
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom