What's new

any idea what this is?

Goes4ever

Silver Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2008
Messages
4,949
Reaction score
2,326
Golden Thread
0
Location
NorthWest Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Equinox 600, and Tesorso compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
dug this weekend, thought it was a big zipper pull then cleaned it up and it has some writing on it, any info on it? Thanks! :hello2:
 

Attachments

  • DSC01123.webp
    DSC01123.webp
    99.6 KB · Views: 324
Upvote 0
thank you for the info! any idea what the item is?
 
Upvote 0
Looks like a key chain fob
 
Upvote 0
I'm with Creskol. Probably had the key to a boiler room door attached sometime.
 
Upvote 0
Dano Sverige said:
I'm with Creskol. Probably had the key to a boiler room door attached sometime.
I agree. I think its for either a building super's, employees key or to a room or something. I dont know much about furnaces, living in the South Florida tropics, but Im going to guess its an old hot water supply heater. The "slicing" door makes me think its a coal furnace. :dontknow: Cool find, I like it. :icon_thumright: http://cgi.ebay.com/1925-Furnace-He...QQcategoryZ616QQvarZQQcmdZViewItem#vi-content
 

Attachments

  • thatcher company.webp
    thatcher company.webp
    32.3 KB · Views: 297
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Upvote 0
I just realized the image in Mackaydons post is a much better match. Its a coal burning boiler.

thatcher co.webpthatcher fob Goesforever.webp
 
Upvote 0
Dano Sverige said:
I'm with Creskol. Probably had the key to a boiler room door attached sometime.
That's what I thought when I saw the picture.
Congrats :icon_thumleft: it is a unique find.
 
Upvote 0
Goes4ever said:
thank you for the info! any idea what the item is?

My guess: giveaway key fob. The number on the bottom of the back would allow the company to get your keys back to you if they were found and returned to them. I have one on my keys from my blood center.

Way cool, and very detailed!

Tigger
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom