What's new

Any Idea?

Kirk PA

Bronze Member
Joined
May 23, 2009
Messages
1,455
Reaction score
267
Golden Thread
0
Location
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I dug this brass relic at a site that we believe was settled in the 1820s. There were bricks scattered all over the field. Kyle got an 1809 half cent near where I dug this. What is it though? Thanks for any help. :icon_thumleft:

Kirk :hello:
 

Attachments

  • DSCF4246.webp
    DSCF4246.webp
    17.3 KB · Views: 423
  • DSCF4247.webp
    DSCF4247.webp
    17.5 KB · Views: 414
  • DSCF4248.webp
    DSCF4248.webp
    14.1 KB · Views: 414
Maybe a fireplace tool that is broken or missin' its wooden handle?
 
Upvote 0
creskol said:
Maybe a fireplace tool that is broken or missin' its wooden handle?
That seems reasonable, maybe some sort of pry bar?
 
Upvote 0
Maybe a weeder. I used something similar when I had my weeding chores as a kid in CT.
 

Attachments

  • weeder.webp
    weeder.webp
    3.9 KB · Views: 399
Upvote 0
The brass is on the thick side, 1/4 of an inch or better. The shape that I remember as a kid is almost a perfect match. But then again it could be almost anything. Whatever it might be I would remount it in a handle and have one wonderful back scratcher. Arty
 
Upvote 0
Besides looking very old and being made of brass, it looks too short (maybe 6" :icon_scratch: ) to be a danelion digger even if a handle was attached before.

Kirk,
If it IS a dandelion digger I have to applaud you. :hello2: You went from digging dandy & flower buttons to a dandy digger. :tongue3: :laughing9:

-Dug-
 
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I don't know what it is but the other object in your photos appears to be a primitive version of Google Earth. ;D
 
Upvote 0
kieser sousa/rip said:
I don't know what it is but the other object in your photos appears to be a primitive version of Google Earth. ;D

LMAO!!! :laughing9: :thumbsup:
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom