What's new

Any Idea?

River Rat

Super Moderator
⛭ Moderator
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
Jan 6, 2006
Messages
20,871
Reaction score
2,539
Golden Thread
0
Location
SE Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,420115.0/topicseen.html

P8260105.webp
Almost 4' long
​
P8260105.webp
Tapered end​

P8260106.webp
Threading on very end​

P8260107.webp
Hollow till it reached the tapered area​

P8260108.webp
Close up​

P8260109.webp
Very pointed

P8260110.webp​
Weighs 5 lbs​

I just don't think it's part of the wrought iron fence from the cemetery. Husband thinks maybe something do with digging water wells. :dontknow:
 

Attachments

  • P8260111.webp
    P8260111.webp
    183.6 KB · Views: 319
Something was pressed on the end with the hole[serations on the shaft].
 
Upvote 0
Hey RR, I'm thinking it is a cemetery flag pole. Interesting find, Breezie

PS: Stay out of the heat! ;D It's been so hot in our area, even the catfish have ticks. Because of the heat/humidity, I go out from around 6:30-8:00pm
 
Upvote 0
My guess is a lightning rod? :dontknow:
Bunker
 
Upvote 0
rodgerdodger said:
Even though it has the basic shape of a wellpoint IMO its NOT a wellpoint. I just hammered one in last year. They are usually 1-1/4 inch diameter or larger, are hollow all the way through and a screen or openings on the bottom for the water to enter.

So it cannot be a well point unless the entire pipe is hollow.. Is the entire pipe hollow?


It looks like an old driveshaft that someone grinded one end into a point.
 
Upvote 0
I see the threaded top now but the splines make me think something automative or tractor related.
 
Upvote 0
bigcypresshunter said:
I see the threaded top now but the splines make me think something automative or tractor related.
Thats what I am thinking.The splines are there for something??
 
Upvote 0
traderoftreasures said:
the threaded end looks like a gear shift handle missing a knob

That's what I thought as well, something automotive related.
Carl
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom