Any ideas of what this map/carving is saying?

Twisted Fork

Sep 2, 2007
UTAH
Detector(s) used
tf900 & a good old fashioned willow forked limb

Springfield

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2003
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
BS
One or two stories do tell of the same old world families still mining into the 1930's or so and it might appear that the last may have died in world war two or just old age. Not to hard to imagine. My focus has centered around mines of the early 19th and previous centuries, but I have already come to know these guys were cunning at least.

So, the 'cyanide-laced' booby trap stuff was just a mis-chosen embellishment to your story? Makes for a better plot, I'll admit, but try to keep your stories at least semi-plausible.

Twisted Fork

Sep 2, 2007
UTAH
Detector(s) used
tf900 & a good old fashioned willow forked limb
Hey Springfield,

How goes the study? Did a little more research on the acids of old and came across a passage or two going back to an earlier time span................. In 1815 Joseph Louis Gay-Lussac deduced Prussic acid's chemical formula. The radical cyanide in hydrogen cyanide was given its name from the Greek word for blue, again owing to its derivation from Prussian blue.

Yet in it's infancy, still a sleeping dragon to contend with. I have an old world graphic of a guard cache being stabbed by the thrust of a turban wearing bandit with a cobra head piece attached at the front. The blade length showing the depth and means of reaching the treasure, but I feel it may just as well beware of a deadly splitting headache to boot. Probably more of a warning given to arsenic I would presume, commonly found in silver digs.

usernotfound

Sep 7, 2011
Detector(s) used
T-2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Springfield,

How goes the study? Did a little more research on the acids of old and came across a passage or two going back to an earlier time span................. In 1815... Probably more of a warning given to arsenic I would presume, commonly found in silver digs.
TF, have you ever come across a concealed clay-sealed mine during your
reasearch?

PAGONGBATO

Tenderfoot
Apr 23, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hey guys im from philippines and we all know the history i have the authentic sign or marking its not given to me by anybody i am the one who take it from the stone coffin pls visite and take a look the turtle is a map and a lot of maps

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread