What's new

Any Ideas on This One?

creskol

Gold Member
Joined
Jan 14, 2007
Messages
13,882
Reaction score
23,352
Golden Thread
2
🥇 Banner finds
2
Primary Interest:
Other
I think it is plated brass. Does it say 1411 on it? There are no markings on the back.
It measures about inch across the arch and is about 5/8 of an inch from top to bottom
 

Attachments

  • 1411.webp
    1411.webp
    104.7 KB · Views: 478
C, I can see where you see the 1411, but I'm thinking the 1's maybe be decorative lines and the 4 maybe a decorative line with a 'clump' on it. It looks like part of a bridle ROSETTE. :thumbsup: Breezie
 
Upvote 0
Thanks Breezie ... never really considered that possibility. My heart skipped a beat when I first dug it thinking it was a piece of cut silver or something. >:(
 
Upvote 0
creskol said:
Thanks Breezie ... never really considered that possibility. My heart skipped a beat when I first dug it thinking it was a piece of cut silver or something. >:(

Have you tried to clean it yet? A short bath in some lemon juice & water might clean it enough to get a different view. I know what you mean about the heart skipping thingie. Breezie
 
Upvote 0
If it's plated then 1411 doesn't refer to the year of manufacture. Plating wasn't invented until much later. It almost looks like it's cast. Very curious indeed!
 
Upvote 0

Similar threads

  • Question Question
🔎 UNIDENTIFIED Any ideas?
Replies
4
Views
567
Replies
4
Views
598
  • Question Question
🔎 UNIDENTIFIED What is this?
Replies
8
Views
558

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom