Attachments

• Picture 097.JPG
    Picture 097.JPG
    25 KB · Views: 77
  • Picture 098.JPG
    Picture 098.JPG
    23.2 KB · Views: 98
Hi Needle n haystack,

Just a wild guess here but, The first pic could be a base to a small table...as in a tri-pedestal base plant stand or candle table. The flat part on its head could be the part that sits on the floor. I know "Piano" seats often have these "Heads with a ball" in their mouth...like I said, just a guess. Or maybe the handle part of a cane...? Don't know about the other find though.

MinerGirl

I'd go with the handle to an old cane on the first one, if it was a table/chair leg, the head would be inverted but it's in the right orientation for a walking stick or cane. Very cool!

No idea on the second one. Got any dimensions and maybe a brighter picture?

I agree that the first one is probably the handle to a cane. Or, it could possibly be the handle to a fireplace tool such as a poker. The second one I'd like to see a better picture of if possible.

The second one is a coin of some sort both sides are pretty much toast. about the size of a penny in the middle it has 1861 and under that the letter B

I found a coin like that too. It's a German/Austrian Kreuzer. Mine was 1861 A which is for Austria and I think the B on yours is for Breslau which is now Poland but back then was part of the German empire. Does the other side have a phoenix-like bird?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kreuzer

Attachments

• 1KreuzerOBV.JPG
    1KreuzerOBV.JPG
    93.9 KB · Views: 72
I found a coin like that too. It's a German/Austrian Kreuzer. Mine was 1861 A which is for Austria and I think the B on yours is for Breslau which is now Poland but back then was part of the German empire. Does the other side have a phoenix-like bird?

Kreuzer - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Mine is pretty much smooth but I think your right. the one you found is in much better shape but I can see the same wreath on mine' Thanks for Info

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back