What's new

Any ideas?

ModernMiner

Gold Member
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
Jan 9, 2007
Messages
14,115
Reaction score
4,540
Golden Thread
4
Location
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
5
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I dug this iron piece today in the area where I've been finding CW relics.
Any idea what it is? :icon_scratch: :dontknow:
Thanks,
MM
 

Attachments

  • MVC-040S.webp
    MVC-040S.webp
    14.8 KB · Views: 392
  • MVC-041S.webp
    MVC-041S.webp
    12.2 KB · Views: 384
  • MVC-042S.webp
    MVC-042S.webp
    15.5 KB · Views: 386
  • MVC-043S.webp
    MVC-043S.webp
    14.7 KB · Views: 377
  • MVC-044S.webp
    MVC-044S.webp
    16 KB · Views: 389
Hey MM, it looks like part of a broken stirrup to me. ;D Breezie
 
Upvote 0
Looks like a hook you attach to a tree to climb up
 
Upvote 0
traderoftreasures said:
either hook or foot step/holder

SkyPirate said:
Looks like a hook you attach to a tree to climb up

Would one of those tree steps taper from wide to thin though where your foot would go? :icon_scratch:
-MM-
 
Upvote 0
My first thought was an antique gutter hook...but wondering if it was to support some time of rail...like for in a barn
 
Upvote 0
Gypsy Heart said:
My first thought was an antique gutter hook...but wondering if it was to support some time of rail...like for in a barn

I'll go with gutter hook.
 
Upvote 0
IronSpike said:
Gypsy Heart said:
My first thought was an antique gutter hook...but wondering if it was to support some time of rail...like for in a barn

I'll go with gutter hook.

In the woods? :icon_scratch:
-MM-
 
Upvote 0
ModernMiner said:
IronSpike said:
Gypsy Heart said:
My first thought was an antique gutter hook...but wondering if it was to support some time of rail...like for in a barn

I'll go with gutter hook.

In the woods? :icon_scratch:
-MM-



You got a good point about the woods. I do think Gypsy Heart is correct on the bracket/hook idea. Maybe not a gutter, but something similar.
 
Upvote 0

Similar threads

  • Question Question
✅ SOLVED 108
Replies
3
Views
436
  • Question Question
🔎 UNIDENTIFIED Spur ID
Replies
8
Views
752

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom