What's new

🔎 UNIDENTIFIED Any ideas??

Lanesmom

Jr. Member
Joined
Mar 28, 2020
Messages
45
Reaction score
70
Golden Thread
0
Location
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Found this small round tubular metal item on my property very close to where I have unearthed things from pre- civil war era items. Almost threw it away thinking it may be junk from hunters over the years but figured I would post here for any ideas. There are 2 banded grooves around it.
thanks
 

Attachments

  • 3AF6882B-E860-418B-96D3-5A083E04B927.webp
    3AF6882B-E860-418B-96D3-5A083E04B927.webp
    627.6 KB · Views: 135
  • 92C0DF53-EB57-4235-8890-F59F73F40BF0.webp
    92C0DF53-EB57-4235-8890-F59F73F40BF0.webp
    608 KB · Views: 91
  • 2B81AB50-C1DB-4AFE-8955-F5C6C508F937.webp
    2B81AB50-C1DB-4AFE-8955-F5C6C508F937.webp
    1 MB · Views: 107
  • CC18752D-854B-4739-8912-02424A9CAA15.webp
    CC18752D-854B-4739-8912-02424A9CAA15.webp
    314 KB · Views: 98
It might be part of a bearing? not sure though I was also wondering if the two grooved areas have dried out "O" rings or are the spots in the grooved areas also metal?
 
Upvote 0
It might be part of a bearing? not sure though I was also wondering if the two grooved areas have dried out "O" rings or are the spots in the grooved areas also metal?
Grooved areas are metal. Around my place, anything is possible. Haha could be a homing pigeon foot band for all I know.
 
Upvote 1
My guess would be a cutoff piece of scrap copper pipe where the first cutting attempt went bad
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Tobacco pipe ferule.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom