What's new

ANY IN ON TURKS AND CAICOS ISLANDS?

goldeagle

Full Member
Joined
Jun 28, 2009
Messages
227
Reaction score
5
Golden Thread
0
Location
THE EAST COAST
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC,EXCAL-II
my friend is heading down for a couple weeks and asked me if you are alowed to MD,or search for some treasures? thanks all
 
Upvote 0
I just came back from a Carnival cruise that included Grand Turk Island. I was surprised to see the poverty, but I guess they sit in hurricane alley. The island's only export was sea salt but that ended in the 1960s. The salt beds are still there today. Cruise ships seem to be the only source of income. Gas is $5.20/gal. Unfortunately, I can not answer your question, but I did not see any signs that said you could not metal detect. Carnival cruise lines prohibit bringing metal detectors aboard ship, so I did not get to do any hunting while on my cruise. At Grand Turk, it is believed that Columbus landed here on one of his 4 trips to the new world, and that the Pinta sank here. A ship was discovered on the plateau that surrounds the island, and it was dated around the early 1500s but while two groups were squabbling over who had the rights to salvage the wreck, someone else (allegedly) came in under cover of darkness and plundered the wreck, and now they can not conclusively document that it was actually the Pinta. The museum in downtown on front street and was very fascinating and well worth the $5 admission fee, quite contrary to the appearance from the outside. Attached is a sign at a local beach. If I were going to hunt I would go to the cruise ship beach. HH
 

Attachments

  • Bahama Fantasy Cruise 009.webp
    Bahama Fantasy Cruise 009.webp
    230.7 KB · Views: 581
petersra said:
Carnival cruise lines prohibit bringing metal detectors aboard ship, so I did not get to do any hunting while on my cruise.

That is interesting, I just took a western Carib. cruise last month on Princes Cruise lines and had no problems bringing two detectors on board or my very large Sunspot scoop.

I don't know of any prohibition of detecting in the Turks of course unless otherwise posted. But I would take your detector just the same, when you get there you would only just say I wish I had brought it if you don't.
 
I will remember that about Princes Cruise Lines........ Well, did you find anything worth mentioning ::)
 
That is interesting, I just took a western Carib. cruise last month on Princes Cruise lines and had no problems bringing two detectors on board or my very large Sunspot scoop.

I don't know of any prohibition of detecting in the Turks of course unless otherwise posted. But I would take your detector just the same, when you get there you would only just say I wish I had brought it if you don't.

Did you dfind anything while on your cruise??????
 
petersra said:
That is interesting, I just took a western Carib. cruise last month on Princes Cruise lines and had no problems bringing two detectors on board or my very large Sunspot scoop.

I don't know of any prohibition of detecting in the Turks of course unless otherwise posted. But I would take your detector just the same, when you get there you would only just say I wish I had brought it if you don't.

Did you dfind anything while on your cruise??????

Yes I did, check out my post in this section "Western Caribbean Cruise Finds", you can see some pics there. Most notable finds were 2 14K yellow gold wedding bands.

I hunted in 3 different ports of call.

Your avatar pic looks similar to my facebook avatar from when I hunted in Hawaii last year.
 
Have had no problem on RCL or Celebrity. Carried the detector on unassembled. Was not shy about using it everywhere. By the end of one cruise people went " beep beep " when passing me in the hall. The rules for prohibited items are vague and subject to interpretation. The only problems I have heard of were with Disney.

Tek
 
MT Pockets said:
Go Figure... they are supposed to be the Party Cruise line..

I had fun on mine :wink:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom