What's new

🏆 HONORABLE MENTION Saved a Young Lady's iPhone!

oldmxrat

Gold Member
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
Oct 25, 2020
Messages
10,916
Reaction score
47,639
Golden Thread
1
Location
Reno Nevada summers, Las Vegas winters
🥇 Banner finds
2
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
While I was detecting in the river a couple of ladies went by me on paddle boards and asked if my detector would work on an iPhone. I said of course, and they pointed to a young gal upstream in the rapids frantically searching.
I headed upstream and was able to find the phone in about ten minutes!

She took a selfie of us with the freshly recovered phone and sent me the pic.
Happy girl!
IMG_2250.webp


(nice piece of black pepper on my tooth from the jerky I was just chewing on while searching.) :laughing7:
 
Upvote 26
While I was detecting in the river a couple of ladies went by me on paddle boards and asked if my detector would work on an iPhone. I said of course, and they pointed to a young gal upstream in the rapids frantically searching.
I headed upstream and was able to find the phone in about ten minutes!

She took a selfie of us with the freshly recovered phone and sent me the pic.
Happy girl!
View attachment 2265191

(nice piece of black pepper on my tooth from the jerky I was just chewing on while searching.) :laughing7:
Good job buddy
 
Great story and a way to help people out. It's amazing that those things can work after being wet!
What some of these devices are worth they should be waterproof to 60ft like a detector.🤣
 
What some of these devices are worth they should be waterproof to 60ft like a detector.🤣
No kidding. Have you seen the starting cost for Apple's new iPhone Duo? I don't know who their target market is, but it sure ain't me.
 
What some of these devices are worth they should be waterproof to 60ft like a detector.🤣
Can't argue that, but back in the day I "might" have ruined a few phones slipping into creeks.... lol
 
While I was detecting in the river a couple of ladies went by me on paddle boards and asked if my detector would work on an iPhone. I said of course, and they pointed to a young gal upstream in the rapids frantically searching.
I headed upstream and was able to find the phone in about ten minutes!

She took a selfie of us with the freshly recovered phone and sent me the pic.
Happy girl!
View attachment 2265191

(nice piece of black pepper on my tooth from the jerky I was just chewing on while searching.) :laughing7:
Very Nice!!! Good Job!!! Congrats!!!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom