What's new

Any info/help with this buckle?

morglan

Greenie
Joined
Apr 19, 2011
Messages
18
Reaction score
3
Golden Thread
0
Dug this one up in my parent's front yard (home dates back to early-mid 1800's, possibly even earlier.)

I realize it's probably just a generic buckle of some sort, but was wondering if anyone could fill me in as to relative age or use...

IMG_2536.jpg


IMG_2535.jpg


Thanks!
 
Not a Buckle It's a jews harp neat find. :thumbsup: Been awhile since i've found one come to think about it. :( Mine are brass/Copper but they were made of iron too. :wink:
http://www.jewsharpguild.org/history.html
Take care,
Pete, :hello:
 

Attachments

  • 000_0007[2].webp
    000_0007[2].webp
    38.9 KB · Views: 168
  • jhdiag2[1].webp
    jhdiag2[1].webp
    29.4 KB · Views: 174
  • 000_0007[2].webp
    000_0007[2].webp
    38.9 KB · Views: 172
Upvote 0
Wow Pete--thanks! My mother actually suggested that when she saw it, but I had never seen any made of iron, or that small, so I didn't listen.
 
Upvote 0
Yeppers, Pete is right; it's a Jew's harp. Mine are made of iron too. Great find :thumbsup:

WELCOME to the forum!

Breezie
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom