What's new

🔎 UNIDENTIFIED Any info on this buckle?

cudamark

San Diego Ring Finder
🥇 Charter Member
Top Banner Poster
Joined
Mar 16, 2011
Messages
15,096
Reaction score
20,178
Golden Thread
1
Location
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 2 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found this stamped brass buckle at an old house site. It was pretty crusty when found, but, I could see a bit of a pattern showing, so, I soaked it and removed as much of the crud as I dared. It's got a few cracks here and there, so, I don't really want to do much more. Initially, I thought it was going to have a name or initials stamped into the face of it, but, now it looks more like an insignia or design of some sort. It could be up side down for all I know! :laughing7: Anyone know what it is? Maybe a date range of when it was made? As you can see in one of the photos, the loop has a gripper to clamp the belt material instead of a pin and hole design.
 

Attachments

  • buckle.webp
    buckle.webp
    263.9 KB · Views: 113
  • buckle2.webp
    buckle2.webp
    293.8 KB · Views: 81
  • buckle3.webp
    buckle3.webp
    183.8 KB · Views: 80
These typically have an initial in the design, a lot of these were made by Hickok in the30s and 40s usually Sterling with a bronze closure
 
Upvote 1
Yours looks to be plated though, and possibly a letter P upside down
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom