What's new

Any info would be superb if

Older The Better

Silver Member
Joined
Apr 24, 2017
Messages
3,833
Reaction score
8,098
Golden Thread
0
Location
south east kansas
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1552829892.992500.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1552829909.711257.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1552829926.562592.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1552829952.199185.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1552829967.585934.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1552829987.489440.webp
My dad found this years ago while hunting he told me where he picked it up and it’s lead me to what I think is a old homestead site, I happen to be at my parents this weekend and so I took some pictures of it
Still have very little evidence that is dateable I did recently find a Holmes booth and Hayden’s lamp mechanism I suspect this falls in that same 1853-1901 range but any info would be great
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1552830266.275588.webp best shot I could get of the inside theres a small swirl at the bottom
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1552830325.280869.webp
Looks like maybe a finger print in the glaze
Also found rural Kansas pasture so highly doubt it’s something like a high school pottery project
 
Your inkwell is likely British and dates to the 1870s - 80s, the one your Dad found is in amazing condition. :thumbsup:
Most of the examples I find have been beaten to death by the plows.

Here are a couple I found last year,
Dave
 

Attachments

  • 20160510_205132_resized-crop.webp
    20160510_205132_resized-crop.webp
    54.9 KB · Views: 73
  • WP_20171118_13_27_47_Rich_LI (2).webp
    WP_20171118_13_27_47_Rich_LI (2).webp
    44.2 KB · Views: 76
Upvote 0
Very nice ink well, congrats! :occasion14:
 
  • Like
Reactions: Fat
Upvote 0
Great thanks guys I didn’t have high hopes with no marks anywhere on the well but you nailed it... inspired me to go back to the spot with my screen ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1552880388.185194.webp
This was all from a hole maybe 2.5 feet wide
 
Upvote 0
Great thanks guys I didn’t have high hopes with no marks anywhere on the well but you nailed it... inspired me to go back to the spot with my screen
This was all from a hole maybe 2.5 feet wide

Looks like you're onto a dump site. :thumbsup:
I'd definitely consider heading back with a sifting screen.

Dave
 
Upvote 0
Nice, dig dig dig!!!!
 
Upvote 0
Dump vs house That is the debate between me and another guy who grew up in the area and has 35 years on me. I intentionally dug on a part of the site that probably WAS a dump but I think it’s a complete site there appears to be a filled in well, the area is maybe 60x20 yards that seems huge for an 1800’s dump, it’s on a hill next to a creek, most dump sites around here are in creeks, and there seems to be an organization to the site. Around one tree I find household items, silverware, lamp parts, decorative pins, door hardware, square nails. To the west side I find lots of hors tack and horse shoes and farming equipment, I think it’s a homestead but he’s adamant it was just a dump
 
Upvote 0
... I’m hoping I can find enough pieces to rebuild a jug or two. It’s like doing a puzzle except, the pieces are buried and there’s no guarantee they are all there
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom