What's new

Any Jersey Shore hunters interested in some company the week of 8/22/11

The-Bone

Sr. Member
Joined
Nov 13, 2007
Messages
326
Reaction score
25
Golden Thread
0
Location
North East,Pa
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Whites Silver Eagle, BHID,M6,CZ21
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all,
i happen to have quite a bit of free time on my hands now as i am on strike (Verizon). I have been to the Jersey shore a bunch of times but never managed to come away with much of anything. If anyone is interested in teaching me the ropes i am up for the roadtrip sometime the week of 8/22/11 (preferably during the week not weekend). I have 3 machines: a Whites M6, Whites BHID and my newest a Garrett Sea Hunter MK2 pulse unit. I've learned alot from all of your posts but would love to spend a day with some of you seasoned hunters and hopefully learn how to read a beach.
Thanks to all
John
 
Upvote 0
1st thing you need to do is check when the low tides are. If you plan on getting in the water that will be the time to do it. If you are planning on using a pulse machine you need to be in the water and far as possible away from Atlantic City. I am coming off a New England road trip or I would join you. 2000 miles the last 6 days has me tired.

Personally I like hunting at night during the summer. Much cheaper and easier to park. But don't do it alone.

And make sure you have a good scoop. This is just as important as having a good detector.
 
goodmore said:
1st thing you need to do is check when the low tides are. If you plan on getting in the water that will be the time to do it. If you are planning on using a pulse machine you need to be in the water and far as possible away from Atlantic City. I am coming off a New England road trip or I would join you. 2000 miles the last 6 days has me tired.

Personally I like hunting at night during the summer. Much cheaper and easier to park. But don't do it alone.

And make sure you have a good scoop. This is just as important as having a good detector.
thanks for the input...i have 2 great scoops and straight shafts on my water machines so i am covered...as far as tides i get there around 6am and hunt all day so should eventully hit low tide
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom