Any members from Ireland ??

DLNinNC

Tenderfoot
Dec 24, 2004
not really interested in the emerald ilse, however I'm up to knowin more bout this here area were in mate, pirates an wooden ships ya know , just found this site... and like it ...sent for Joans book too.. NC wrecks, looking forward to diving investigations , however I do need some info on mags towed and hand held , thanks Charles, hope to see you in the deep blue ....or kinda green up here :)

OP
OP
C

Charles,Oak Island

RRrrrrrrrrrrrr mate glade to have ye abroad.

Joan's book is a good choice it has helped me in my research.
How much are you looking to put into a towed mag ? Mine was in the neighbour hood of $3,000 several years ago. There have been several on ebay in that price range. I don't have a hand held but is one of the project's down the road. !st have to finish my boat towed metal detector then the diver sled.

DLNinNC

Tenderfoot
Dec 24, 2004
used would be goog price wize, however just knowing how to operate it will be a bonus, I have noticed side scans on ebay ..non this season yet . I only get to do projects ocasionally as I don't have an ocean going craft..oragon inlet is a rough one. and I like going with the captain,as I don't have much ocean experience yet only bout 75 dives between moorehead city and currituck beach, I did build a air lift to clear sand from an ole tug we dive on , that was some fun no real relics to speak of... portholes and some brass. I'm chekin out , l8tr Dave

O

oldfart

Armada shipwrecks (26 of them) well covered by a book authored and researched by an Irish cavalry colonel whose hobby was Armada, unfortunately I forget the name but the volume was in the maritime museum at Greenwich. The work included details of interviews with remote place inhabitants who pointed out to him the places where local lore remembered ships going ashore.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread