What's new

Any Midwest Historical Research Society members in here?

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Joined
Mar 17, 2008
Messages
7,452
Reaction score
93
Golden Thread
0
Location
Chicago IL
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wen to 1 meeting and I liked it, so im going to join up. Now how do I go about doing that?. Do I just wait till the 22nd meeting or can I just take care of it sooner?
 
Hey Fiend here's their website:
http://mhrsillinois.50megs.com/
I've found them to be very nice people when you meet them in the field, but none of them return e-mails or queries to non-members in my experience. So be it.
 
TreasureFiend,

Seems you might be the youngest member by 40 years if you join that club!

lol, seriously though, good luck, hope it works out. Me, well, I'm too nomadic for any club except the unofficial one I'm in (all 3 or 4 of you!).

Joe
 
I'm a member! Good club, I enjoy the meetings! :thumbsup:
 
i joined also, 1/2 for the club and 1/2 for the White Fence Chicken across the street
 
TreasureFiend,
Good group. Join up at any meeting.

twistidd,
"seems you might be the youngest member by 40 years if you join that club! "

It's called experience; all that information. :wink: ;D

all have a good un......
SHERMANVILLE
 
SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS said:
TreasureFiend,
Good group. Join up at any meeting.

twistidd,
"seems you might be the youngest member by 40 years if you join that club! "

It's called experience; all that information. :wink: ;D

all have a good un......
SHERMANVILLE

Shermanville,

You're absolutely right. The older folks know more about history because they've lived it. I was fascinated by the wealth of information I gained from longs talks with my grandfather, who sadly passed away last year.

I've found that a lot of older guys I've run into over the years don't want to share what they know. Not that I don't understand that, it's just that those actions (or lack thereof) have elicited a sense of disillusionment in me. However, recently, it seems a lot of the older folks are more accepting of me and my questions. I'm hoping this is a trend.

Seriously, though, old people rock.

Joe
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom