What's new

Any opinions, thoughts, info?

tncreeker

Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 6, 2011
Messages
329
Reaction score
114
Golden Thread
0
Location
Maggie Valley, N.C.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
At first I just thought it was a broke piece, but it wasnt making sense. So, the arc is worked, it has a beveled edge, one edge is worked and the other is like the outside of the cobble? Its uniface. I`m assuming it was made on purpose. If so,,what for? What was its use?
Thanx guys
Lori
 

Attachments

  • S6303054 (640x480).webp
    S6303054 (640x480).webp
    34.9 KB · Views: 121
  • S6303055 (640x480).webp
    S6303055 (640x480).webp
    30.4 KB · Views: 118
  • S6303057 (640x480).webp
    S6303057 (640x480).webp
    38.1 KB · Views: 117
  • S6303059 (640x480).webp
    S6303059 (640x480).webp
    46.3 KB · Views: 110
Upvote 0
''spoke-shave'' Used to shave down bark for arrow shafts or atlatl shaft.
 
Thank you old digger, now I`ll hafta go back and revisit some of my other "brokes". Are you any where near Butte? My peeps are there, I was born there.
Thanx again
Lori
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom