Any relic hunters with DFX?

Rob66

Bronze Member
Jun 30, 2006
California
Detector(s) used
Whites new coinmaster-Teso Silver Max-Minelab GT
A White's DFX? will do just fine... and depending on where you are. Over a 100 years ago and even today people do not trust the bank and would bury there valuables in a time capsule(BOX).

look at your surroundings and follow you intuition. You never know!!!!! make sure you have a wild animal mace spray.

RD

OP
OP
John (Ma)

John (Ma)

Silver Member
Jul 12, 2007
Western Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal 1000, Tesoro Silver Umax, Tiger Shark and Whites MXT.
Wow, only 1 response. I figured with all of the DFX users out there, I would see more comments.

BamaBill

Nov 8, 2006
N. Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-terra 70, AT Pro, Tesoro Tejon, ML X-terra 50
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I've come to the conclusion that the relic hunters are either still out hunting hard or don't read this forum. I'm a relatively new relic hunter myself and not getting many answers either.

wildrider

Bronze Member
Feb 25, 2007
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Nautilus DMC IIb/White's 6000 Di Pro
DFX is a good relic hunting machine.

I used to be a White's dealer and while it isn't THE deepest machine, it does a good job.

I've found some deep stuff with it, both ferrous and non-ferrous. I could tell a difference between fairly large pieces of iron and cannonball fragments by the noise and location on the meter. The key is to know your machine and what it tells you.

DFX...If you want to find coins, set it up to pick up the lower frequency. If you want the stuff located on the lower end of your meter's numeric scale, go with the higher frequency.
Mixed mode is ok, if you are searching to find out what kind on metals are mostly in the area you're hunting. Once you get an indication to the majority of the targets in an area, switched to that frequency.

Remember too:

Just like with any machine, the soil, atmospheric and mental conditions make a big difference. And, no matter how well you know your machine, you'll dig some junk, becasue some junk sounds like the good targets.

Burt

BioProfessor

Silver Member
Apr 6, 2007
Mankato, MN
Detector(s) used
Minelab e-Trac, White E-Series DFX
I've been relic hunting in the Netherlands the last 3 months with my DFX. Does great. Good iron discrimination, good depth, good at dealing with bad soil, good sounds.

Daryl

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread