What's new

Any thoughts on this possible geofact?

EricTheCat

Sr. Member
Joined
Oct 4, 2011
Messages
494
Reaction score
546
Golden Thread
0
Location
Southern Minnesota
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
While I wait for the snow to clear I figured I would ask about this one that is in my curiosity pile from last summer. Found in a gravel pit in Northern MN (with permission). I did not find anything else that looked like an artifact at that location. Almost seems like a crude graver/scraper. For all I know it could be mother nature's handy work and that's why it took a little mid-winter cabin fever to get me around to posting it. :laughing7: I would call the material flint or relatively opaque chert. What gets me second guessing is that there is a portion of the surface that seems a little fresher than the rest along an edge with a bit of a tip on the side of the edge.

PitStone2016-Img_3642SSS.webp

PitStone2016-Img_3632SSS.webp

PitStone2016-Img_3633SSS.webp

PitStone2016-Img_3634SSS.webp

PitStone2016-Img_3635SSS.webp

PitStone2016-Img_3637SSS.webp

PitStone2016-Img_3641SSS.webp

Thanks for looking and happy hunting,
Eric
 
Upvote 0
broken base imo
 
broken base imo

Interesting. It could be a broken base. The thought had crossed my mind. I wasn't sure because part of the surface looks more fresh and so I wasn't sure if just the fresh part was worked while the rest was natural. Thanks for your thoughts rock, I always appreciate it.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom