Any Treasure Hunting RV'ers on TNet?

I think I've been in ONE campground with wifi worth a crap. Most of them, even if you can connect, you have no bandwdth because its a crappy connection being shared among dozens of people.

My ATT cell service lets me tether my phone connection to my laptop for excellent wifi in the wild.

Been near 10 years since I was using the WIFI's in State parks... I can see where now with all the people using big data devices etc where IF they never "upgraded" the systems they would really suck now.

Been near 10 years since I was using the WIFI's in State parks... I can see where now with all the people using big data devices etc where IF they never "upgraded" the systems they would really suck now.
I'm ready to.hit the campsites. 5e61610a21f4a25cdc27c199.jpg5e61612a0c791d23dd18b31e.jpg

Hes absolutely right campsite internet always sucks, my mobile data is 3 times faster in.the boonies than what wifi is and they modem and router could be 50 ft away from me haha. I camp in Oklahoma campsites so I kno what hes talking about lol.

LOL, State Park wifi hasn't changed much through the years. :laughing7:

6qYQlF8l.jpg

And Broken Detector, after looking at the plans you posted I see that even though you Can tether, they are still throttling you down to 128Kbps (cold molasses) after 15 to 30GB of data.

EvEOWmUl.jpg

The plan I had before was Unlimited and Unthrottled, no matter how many GB you used. It has now been nuked. Nothing close to replace it. Seems AT&T decided they were losing money on the wifi side so they did away with that plan and tightened the restrictions on the cell side for hotspot use.

Not a good decision, I see them losing a lot of business when heavy wifi users realize what's going on and switch. I'm hoping this new branch of Verizon called Visible will fill the void for me, have to wait and see. Hopefully, Verizon has seen the writing on the wall and will rise to the occasion.

Reckon I'll find out, went ahead and ordered a phone last night. :dontknow:

:coffee2:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back