What's new

any walking stick experts out there

pinebarrens1

Hero Member
Joined
Dec 20, 2007
Messages
710
Reaction score
9
Golden Thread
0
Location
bayville nj
Detector(s) used
minelab xs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
its all carved out of one piece ....the man the snake and ball holder .........was bought for a dollor at a yard sale
 

Attachments

  • 0203091100stick1.webp
    0203091100stick1.webp
    8.4 KB · Views: 280
  • 0203091101astick 2.webp
    0203091101astick 2.webp
    7.5 KB · Views: 274
  • 0203091101stick3.webp
    0203091101stick3.webp
    7.4 KB · Views: 280
I'm not an expert but I do have some calluses from carving on sticks , I have never been able to master the ball in box trick ,Looks like a buck well spent as there is a lot of time put into it for sure. :thumbsup:
 
I'm no expert either but i know the ball and stick are 2 differant type woods the box is carved then the ball added with use of water/ steam... i seen it being done in Jamaica
 
looks like the ball was carved into it.........one pieces
 
nice walking stick. there was a guy in Coldwater MI that did a lot of carving walking sticks. never saw the ball one before...Matt
 
Here is one I carved back in 83 ,Set two small garnets for the eyes
 

Attachments

  • stick 001.webp
    stick 001.webp
    76.2 KB · Views: 235
Very nice walking stick and haven't seen the water and steam trick for the ball but here is two of mine I did about 10 years ago. Both items are made from one piece of wood each so I know first hand that the ball inside a block of wood is done with nothing else but a sharp knife and time and the only foreign item added is the metal hook to hang them up with. The chain is a lot harder but no tricks are used each link is free moving and again only a sharp knife was used.

Later Jimmy
 

Attachments

  • Chain and Ball.webp
    Chain and Ball.webp
    11.5 KB · Views: 236

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom