What's new

Any War Nickel Buffs out there? I need some help HUGE PIC!!!!

Howeburger

Jr. Member
Joined
Mar 30, 2007
Messages
44
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Location
MN
I got this coin in a bag of war nickels at an auction. As I was paying for the bag, the auctioneer noticed this coin and told me that the laminate was coming off and that it was some sort of error. What do you guys think? Thanks

howeburger
 

Attachments

  • img021.webp
    img021.webp
    296.8 KB · Views: 417
Upvote 0
It looks more like post-mint damage...like someone hit it real hard or something.
 
I agree with the auctioneer. Looks like a lamination to me.

I suggest posting this in the coins section for more opinions.


VPR
 
Although it definitely looks circulated a bit, if you pay attention to the 'LIB' it looks like that definitely could be mint damage. I'm no expert though and as was suggested throw it up in the coins section as well to get more opinions/exposure :)
 
That is 100% a lamination error. They are pretty common on the war nickels, so there is not a whole lot of premium on it.
 
wayne1956 said:
That is 100% a lamination error. They are pretty common on the war nickels, so there is not a whole lot of premium on it.

It's a lamination error. I've found a couple over the years and have speculated that they are common.

Put this same pic up at cointalk.org in the errors section and you will get feedback from experts much more
knowledgable than I.
 
Lamination error, very common on war nickels. I would say very little to no premium on these, especially in circulated condition.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom