Any Washington Experts?

SEANO

Sep 16, 2010
New England
Detector(s) used
Sold them all.
George Washington Images.

I bought the 3 pieces shown. Added the measuring tape for sizing.

I've done a bit of internet research and have not located any other examples yet.
I did find one site that had quite a few similar GW's listed for sale. The closest one had
similar wording as one of the 3 images, but no price. It was out on loan or something (no sale price).

One piece has a written "Rare" mark on the front. All three have some notes on the back indicating "Rare"
"Very Rare".

One image is late 1700's and one 1800's.
Left to right in picture I posted:
1-1793
2-1858
3-No date found.

They won't make the GS $1 Find Thread. I bought each for $100 at same estate.

Pretty sure (hopeful) these were a nice find.
But I've thought that in the past on countless occasions. :(

Thanks all.

Attachments

• IMG_8415.JPG
    IMG_8415.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 129

captain flintlock

Jul 21, 2015
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good finds!! #2 is probably worth approximately $80 +-. #1&3 really need to be examined up close. It's really hard to tell just through a photo if they are original or a copy. (Even an early copy). They have been reproduced several times. # 3 looks similar to a Joseph Wright print but has other details that is not on his original. I'm certainly no expert but I'm going to say it's an early 1800's copy. Not sure about #1. Great prints though and I would take them to a local expert in your area. I picked up a couple 18th century prints last year and learned a few things from someone at Skinners.

OP
OP
SEANO

SEANO

Sep 16, 2010
New England
Detector(s) used
Sold them all.
Thanks for the info Cap. Meeting experts at a high-end auction house for info. on some very nice Asian pieces I have (see "Got Jade?" Post for one of the items). I will be bringing the GW pieces also. Hopeful they (GW's) were a good buy/find, the estate had all quality pieces, so fingers crossed. I'll try and post any info. I receive.

Thanks again.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread