Anybody Beercan Hunters out there?

rustyrelic

Greenie
Jan 7, 2008
Hello, I am a new person on this board and wanted to introduce myself. I live in California and use a Fisher Gold Bug to hunt for relics in the mountains. I primarily hunt for old painted metal objects. Some people call it old litter or trash but I call it cool old relics. The photos are of my friend in a old trash pit. We save and restore the old Beercans, Soda Cans, Tobacco cans, bottles, etc. For me a glory find is a late 1930's trash pit found in high elevations of the mountains, above 6000 feet. The preservation is incredible at high altitudes. Hope my photo post works!
pit6.jpg

pit2.jpg

pit3.jpg

pit5.jpg

pit4.jpg

pit1.jpg

pit7.jpg

Attachments

• pit3.jpg
    pit3.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 219

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rustyrelic that 1st photo freaked me out. :o...aa

OP
OP
rustyrelic

rustyrelic

Greenie
Jan 7, 2008
Hello, Im in the Santa Cruz Mountains right in the middle of California, but I consider it No. Cal. The redwood forest debris combined with mud slides have covered alot of collectable metalic americana along the roadside pullouts and camp spots in the mountains. Scatter dumping along side the road is easy with a Fisher Gold Bug. In the forest its either metal or no metal so adjusting the detector is no big deal. I even discovered a human skeleton one day detecting the roadside for beercans. ,...Rusty :D

Tin Nugget

Bronze Member
Jan 11, 2007
Mesquite Texas
Detector(s) used
MXT F2
Hey, are you guys by any chance related to Mastereagle and Baldingboy? ;D ;D ;D ;D

Looks like more adventures on the way. Great post, great pics!

K

Kentucky Kache

Welcome. You guys are a perfect fit for treasurenet.

KINGPULLTAB

May 8, 2007
VALRICO FLORIDA
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 1000-QUATTRO-SE X-TERRA 70-ACE 250
All I can say is wow and I need to start loosing weight for this hunting---lol

Stay safe JIM AKA KINGPULLTAB

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
THATS KILLER
the picture of the layers
GREAT PICS 8)

creekhunter

Bronze Member
Dec 14, 2007
Cincinnati, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Radio Shack
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Way Cool! We scrounged the college campuses 'round here and down South in the 70's for cans, I traded my collection for a nice shotgun, wish I still had them 8)

Pepper2004

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2007
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT, Whites M6, Vibra-Probe 570, Ace 250, Bounty Hunter 202, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505, Whites MXT, 2 Bullseye11
Welcome to TNet. That first picture freaked me out :o :D. WTG!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions