What's new

anybody help id these 2 ancient gold rings i found?

zucchini

Tenderfoot
Joined
Nov 4, 2011
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found these two gold rings in a river bed a few kms from coast. Spanish/dutch/pirate/chinese galleon loot? Found in South east asia.
One has lost its stone, the other still retains its stone...no idea wot it is though. The chain was found a few kms away and may or may not have any connection to what is turning up.
Any clues about the origin or era of these designs? I have found some plain bands of gold as well, also a thin strip of beaten gold.
Am planning to return and spend some more time around that area. Gold chain was found some kms away from other items and may not have any connection. Then again I really dont know.
Would be cool to turn up some items that may help me with ID who and what this is I have stumbled upon.
I will post more pics if anything else turns up when I get back there.
 

Attachments

  • DSCF7395.webp
    DSCF7395.webp
    12.9 KB · Views: 1,306
Need to post pics.
 
Upvote 0
The chain looks fairly modern in design. :icon_scratch: If you could take some different angle shots of the other two pieces that would also help us to determine the age as they look very old to me! :thumbsup:

Cheers,
Dave
 
Upvote 0
Handle the stone carefully!

You need to do some simple tests on that stone: 1) magnetic? 2) does it affect a compass held near it? 3) exact weight and size of the stone.

If the answers are what I think they are, you are holding a piece of history.

It would also be helpful to know where in the world you found the stone: a country should be close enough.
 
Upvote 0
Very cool finds!I thought some from the UK may be able to help.... My best guess is --don't think the chain is old
 

Attachments

  • gold_ring.webp
    gold_ring.webp
    12.4 KB · Views: 957
  • death_mask2.webp
    death_mask2.webp
    10.5 KB · Views: 929
Upvote 0
Interesting for sure. :o Most likely 22-24 Karat

Is that the true color of the stone?
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom