Anybody interested in an adjustable flare for a sluice?

seclymer

Greenie
Jan 13, 2016
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hello all,
I am designing a flare for a personal sluice. As I will use this sluice for various environments that contain either fine or large gold, I want to be able to control the waterflow in the sluice. If I am collecting fine gold, I want to have a flare that has a small opening, but if I am collecting larger gold, I want a wider flare to increase water flow. I have not been able to find an adjustable flare on the market. Would anybody be interested in a product like this. Any feedback would be great. Thanks.

Sam

Upvote 0
"Scissor Flare" love it :thumbsup: could be made easily ... three interlocking parts and a few rivets ... u need help with design let me know ...

Show me a prototype.

GG~

I think it would be more important to add the increased flow , or decreased flow , depending on the water flow itself . I think the size of the gold won't matter , as long as you can control the flow for veriable sluice size . Yes I would be interested . It would also be cool if the flare was hinged so it could be folded flat for packing . JMHO You will have to make it deep enought to use with the Bazooka Gold Trap though . LOL

Last edited:
Back in the day I have placed a rock to partially cover where the water enters to cut down on the flow.
A flare would have been nice back then.
Marvin

I was just checking another post , and I think this is the young man , that wants to build something for a college project for engineering .

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back