What's new

anybody know the name of this creature

Older The Better

Silver Member
Joined
Apr 24, 2017
Messages
3,833
Reaction score
8,098
Golden Thread
0
Location
south east kansas
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
fossil 2.webpfossil.webp
Found in Pennsylvanian rock in se Kansas
 
to me I see a shell looking base and maybe a pedicle like a brachiopod but to me it looks like attached to the opposite end of the (maybe) pedicle is a fan shaped sponge looking thing and to my knowledge brachiopods don't have that... what I see is some shelled creature buried in the mud extending out some kind of sponge looking thing to feed I just don't know what kind of animal it is. but I'm no brachiopod expert so could be...
 
I think his name is Harold.
 
I think his name is Harold.

Genius prevails!!!
I thought it was George.
Most likely a brachiopod as previously posted.
That "feeding" tubercle is just a partial of the same type of shell.

Bone2stone
 
Interesting find. What part of sek? I'm from the area
 
Harold it is, south of erie in a deep draw
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom