What's new

Anybody with a clue to this???

Joined
Jan 4, 2010
Messages
11
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Location
Texas
Detector(s) used
Whites
I originally posted this on the "What is this" forum, but no breakthroughs. This item is iron and appears to have been hammered to get the design imprinted on it. It was found in a cotton field out here in West Texas, just laying on the surface. I'm wondering if somebody may have seen something similar, somewhere. Any help is appreciated.
 

Attachments

  • #7.webp
    #7.webp
    3.3 KB · Views: 622
  • #4.webp
    #4.webp
    4.4 KB · Views: 624
  • #7.webp
    #7.webp
    3.3 KB · Views: 614
  • #4.webp
    #4.webp
    4.4 KB · Views: 638
  • #7.webp
    #7.webp
    3.3 KB · Views: 613
  • #4.webp
    #4.webp
    4.4 KB · Views: 638
It appears to be a depiction of a post column holding up two beams where they break.
 
Hey ya'll, thanks for the replies.....you know Kentucky i may be looking at this thing all wrong. The orientation of the item to me looks like a face of some sort. i may be holding the thing upside down, i really don't know.....it's just odd to me to find something like this out in the middle of nowhere in a cotton field where homesteads are not know to exist. I really need more pieces of the item......I'm planning another trip out to find more after the next big rain in the area. Hopefully that may expose something I've missed in the past. As to the kettle 4-h, it very well could be.......I'm thinking of a kettle as round though, this piece is flat........so maybe a piece of the lid? maybe?.......thanks for the replies!
 
It might be part of a cotton scale from the location found.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom