What's new

Anyone else got people wondering?

Holly,

Welcome to the "Old Man's Club", just don't worry about what others think, it will take a little or a lot of getting use too, just keep on walking beeping and digging!!!

I personally don't really care what anyone thinks, my wife even likes it when I metal detect and go gold prospecting, she knows that there is treasure bury out there, she actually joins me in gold prospecting because not only can she find gold, there's gemstones to be found as well most places we prospect and she love to find gemstones!!!

Lol, I'm proud to join the old man's club:) I started out young with an appreciation of the past , if all goes well, that will give me a lifetime to learn and enjoy history. So by the time I'm grey I'm gonna be tbe one on here that can ID a relic before its picture finishes downloading .. Lol
 
If people are bugging you while you're detecting, tell em you're working with the bomb squad. They'll leave ya alone.
 
I get strange looks all the time. There is always somebody who is curious and stop everytime I detect. i look at it this way, detecting is my hobby,and explain detecting is a hobby to people who ask. For instance ,if i get a stupid look from someone playing basketball at a park,I think to myself ,Im finding money and jewelery ,and this guy is trying to shoot a ball through a hoop . Who has the silly hobby now? I actually had a couple walking their dog ask me why on earth would anyone want to look for others lost goods. I was actually called a scavenger. well,me being a true blue American who has trouble ignoring things, asked them if it made them better than me carrying wearing a little plastic disposable glove and carrying around a little bag of dog crap for a couple miles each day. What I am saying is everybody has our stupid little hobbies we do,some metal detect,some crochet, some have ant farms ,some just drink, some men wear womens clothes,some make pictures out of macaroni...you get the picture. You are a metal detectorist ,those people driving by have hobbies you or I think is stupid . Go detect your yard whenever you want to . a suggestion for detecting by the road if you still feel funny..go buy a safety yelloy work vest.They will think you are official,and you are being seen and safe at the same time. Happy hunting.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom