What's new

Anyone ever see one of these?

SnakemanBill

Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 24, 2008
Messages
411
Reaction score
233
Golden Thread
0
Location
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Picked up another box of halves to go through and the first roll I opened had this in it. Looks to be electroplated? Anyone have any idea what the extra stamped dates mean?
 

Attachments

  • kennedy.webp
    kennedy.webp
    43.9 KB · Views: 362
Upvote 0
Yep we see those all the time. That is all a gimick to sell it for $4.95 to make money.

HH
Cat
 
Here is an old ad that will tell you all about them. Check it out Cat, only $5.99.
 

Attachments

  • Stamped Kennedy.webp
    Stamped Kennedy.webp
    35.3 KB · Views: 350
  • Stamped Kennedy.webp
    Stamped Kennedy.webp
    35.3 KB · Views: 348
Thanks! figured it wasn't worth much but had to make sure!
 
The one I found is a '83. I kept it just cause it was interesting. It's so rare I find anything interesting in a roll.
 
I found a 1974....no stamps....just seemed gold plated, but it was wearing through pretty bad.

Sent it back
 
I kept the first one I found because I thought it was some kind of rare coin. I have dumped the last dozen or so that I have found since. I find them a bit aggravating because sometimes when I first break open the roll they appear to be silver coins (due to the often faded gold appearance and distinctiveness compared with all the clads in the roll) and then I find out they are not silver.

Jim
 
I have found many of those too.....quoting PB, unfortunatley they are worth .49 cents ....that was a funny quote PB.

They are kinda fun to find though...especially when the silvers are hiding......makes it exciting to find something....ha!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom